Farmer Brothers, a leading coffee roaster in the U.S., has an excellent opportunity to join our team as a Business Development Manager. This role will identify and secure new customers, leveraging insights to customize the right beverage program to the customer's location. He/She may also manage and develop a team of Business Development Representatives, charged with securing new business. We are actively seeking individuals that can be promoted within our organization. We provide sales training, tools, and compensation, benefits, and other incentives.
* Ensure territory plans are in place, identifying potential new prospects.
* Build the sales pipeline required for the region to achieve the new business plan. Manage new appointments per week to target.
* Work closely with Director - Channel Sales and Brand Ambassador, aligning on new business targets and attending new business meetings as needed.
* Schedule new business appointments and follow up calls.
(60%) of time allocation)
* Lead and/or participate on (8-10) scheduled appointments, each week and follow up on sales leads.
* Improve close rates via leveraging best practives and the Farmer Brothers Way to Sell.
* Direct Brand Ambassador team activity.
* Conduct product demonstations.
* Achieve new business sales plan.
* Ensure great communication to the customer and Farmer Brothers operations team.
* Provide weekly updates on sales status and new business wins.
* Execute planning and administrative dutes as required (e.g. new customer set-up, territory plan updates, etc.)