Farmer Brothers has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Associate in our Hayward branch. The Warehouse Associate performs receiving, shipping, order picking and sanitation duties for the warehouse that is in line with our SQF policies and procedures. Loads and unloads trucks using forklift and other MHE to ensure the efficient and economical utilization for storing and distributing finished goods and equipment inventories. Assists in taking cycle counts and physical inventory when needed. Responsible for recording inbound/outbound loads accurately in our WMS and safely uses MHE to load/unload pallets to and from trailers properly. Works along with warehouse supervisor to make sure inventory and building is secure and sanitary always. Employee is expected to follow all safety and SQF policies and regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s). Works with local sales team to support the coffee/tea/allied/equipment business. (Union)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Minimum 1 year of general factory, warehouse, inventory, finished goods item and line picking experience preferred.
• Knowledge of accepted quality control procedures and guidelines, effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Requires ability to read numbers and text accurately, ability to use a WMS and computer terminal as well as learn to operate MHE including forklifts and related machinery.
PROFESSIONAL SKILL SETS
• Organization and Time Management
• Computer Competency
• Innovation and Creativity
• Meeting and exceeding customer expectations
PERSONAL SKILL SETS
• Working skills that exhibit integrity, ownership and a “can-do” attitude is necessary.
• Readily identifies opportunities for self-improvement.
• Finds developmental relationships and identifies people to learn from and through.
• Critical Thinking skills to prioritize opportunities and generate operational improvements
• Consistently displays the ability to develop and continuously build relationships with superiors, peers, subordinates and customers.
• Builds effective networks within the company.
• Readily and frequently collaborates with others.
• Offers to help others achieve their goals.