Farmer Brothers has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Control Technician I. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc., at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. This person records statistical data and analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards. She/he recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods and procedures. Ensures consisterncy of coffee by using quality control methods. The work schedule for this position is 2:00 pm-10:00 pm.
Perform various audits and tests from the incoming of raw material stage through the finish product to ensure wholesomeness of our product line.
• Provide technical support with an emphasis on consumer requirements, continuous product quality and productivity requirements.
• Monitor product processing, consistency, and packaging integrity by conducting analytical testing, sensory, product/ingredient sampling, as well as documentation verifications for quality assurance and measurement analysis.
• Take action on any quality noncompliance and records all results in the Quality Computer System.
• Document investigations, findings, root cause analysis, and situations that occur within the shift.
• Hold product not within specification by generating hold tags and to distribute to the proper personal. Assist in the disposition of Hold Product when needed. Maintain the QA Hold system on a daily basis.
• Maintain daily retention sample procedure for finished goods item.
• Maintain laboratory inventory of tools, supplies, chemicals, and assure all measurement analysis equipment is functional as well as calibrated on a routine basis.
• Support operation on quality-related activities, such as pre-operational follow-up verifications, product start-up, and end of run verifications, and technical assistance as needed. • Support operational needs within three major parameters: Food Safety, Quality Consistency, and Food Manufacturing Regulations.
• Appropriately monitor and respond to all process operating guidelines and comply with GMP & Safety policies.
• Assist with routine and situational GMP/Food safety inspections, exercises, systems, and/or investigations for any quality, food safety & security concerns.
• Perform testing of raw material sampling to finish product and Sensory evaluation (cupping).
• Conduct QA line audits & GMP inspections.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required.
• 2 year VOC/Tech Degree or 4 Year Bachelor Degree in a Food or Science related program preferred.
• Previous Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Certified HACCP and SQF training and experience highly preferred.
• Systems and program experience (i.e. Adobe, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, MES).
PERSONAL SKILL SETS
• Keen observation to details with ability to effectively investigate and devise corrective actions.
• Able to work any required overtime if needed.
• Initial offsite training may require travel to Portland, OR and/or Houston, TX.
• Strong written, oral, communications and facilitation skills.
• Able to work effectively in small and large group sessions.
• Creative and change-oriented
• Continuous Improvement process skills.
• Strong ability to learn.
PROFESSIONAL SKILL SETS
• Ability to work as an independent and collaborative