Farmer Brothers has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Operator. The Warehouse Operator, performs shipping, receiving, order picking and custodial duties for the warehouse. Loads and unloads trucks using forklift, other material handling equipment. Assists in taking cycle counts and physical inventory. Responsible for recording inbound/outbound loads accurately and loading/unloading pallets and trailers properly. Ensures warehouse security and sanitary conditions. Employee is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s).
• Receives customer orders; locates products and picks appropriate quantity (may require forklifts and related
equipment); loads cartons and pallets onto trailers by hand or mechanical devices to prepare for shipment.
• Verifies that correct product and quantities are picked in accordance with order to ensure high picking accuracy fill
• Prepare labels and other documentation required for shipment.
• Unloads inbound truck loads received.
• Ensure that inbound shipments are verified and delivered to proper storage locations or departments within the local
• Inspects incoming shipments to assure that items and quantity are correct.
• Sorts and stores incoming product and supplies (may require the use of a fork lift, pallet jack or other material handling
• Maintains stored product as required.
• Accurately records amounts of items/product received or distributed.
• Assists in taking cycle counts and physical inventories.
• Physically counts items and records data on cycle count cards.
• Performs custodial and light maintenance duties at the facility.
• Ensures that the warehouse is clean and in orderly condition (removes trash, sweeps floor, etc.) following both
housekeeping and safety guidelines.
• May make minor repair tasks including replacement of light bulbs, etc.
• Verifies that facility is secure.
• Complies with Safe Quality Food 2000 Code (SQF 2000 Code)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year of general factory, warehouse, inventory, or industrial experience
• Direct experience in item and line picking preferred
• Requires ability to read numbers and text accurately, ability to use a material control system and computer terminal,
and learn to operate material moving equipment including forklifts and related machinery.